Amazingly, someone actually figured out my little cipher. Rich Crete posted the following comment:
1 = Won
Lac is the Egyptian word for “The” which as we know in German is Der
Ros is Latin for ass or in polite society…Butt
The answer was “Wonderbutt”. Wonderbutt is pretty much this blog’s mascot, so I thought it was appropriate. What is truly amazing, though, was that Rich translated it using completely different languages than I did. And I’m not even sure his translations are real. My translation worked this way:
La= the French word for “der” (according to Google Translate)
Crosse= the French word for “butt”
I giggle at the irony when I first typed in the “Wonder” part into Google Translate and hit the Spanish button. The result was “preguntarse”. As soon as I saw the last syllable, I thought that was pretty appropriate.
Anway, congrats to Rich on his new award, the “I Wonderbutt, Do You?” trophy. As a condition of accepting this award, you must know that you are committing to responding to my e-mails of license plate photos from now until the end of eternity.
Now, I am a teacher. Teachers like to recognize superior effort as well as talent, so I feel that I must also point out the stunningly wrong but cunningly long comment by John as he attempted to think himself out loud to the solution.
So, I am going to present him with the equally prestigious “Do You Wonderbutt? I Do” trophy.
While I am talking about awards, I must thank butenuffaboutme for offering me a Versatile Blogger Award. What the heck. Let’s throw in something for butenffuaboutme, too.
O.K. My job is done.
Yesterday was a Red Letter Day. I won two awards.
Okay, so the first award was from my daughter. She gave me the following blue ribbon for saving our unimpressed family from a somewhat confused Snake in the House:
Bestowed upon 15 bloggers by Miranda Gargasz at http://scatteringmoments.wordpress.com, this award has a slighter longer history than the Life Saver one hurriedly sketched on a piece of notepaper by Dimples. And, it is accompanied by heavy responsibility. If you accept this award, you are committed to the following conditions:
1. Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
2. Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
3. List 7 things about yourself.
So, here we go:
1. Thanks, Miranda, for the words of encouragement!
2. Here are my 15 blogs, in no particular order –
3. Seven things about myself: I tied for first place in my district-wide Spelling Bee in 5th grade (they finally stopped the Bee because it had gone for hours with no sign of a winner), My favorite childhood books were The Anne of Green Gables series, I like to sing with the Glee app on my iPad, One of the few movies I’ve ever watched over 20 times was Grease 2, If I had to choose between 105 degree temperatures every day of the year or Below Freezing every day of the year, I would definitely choose the 105, I cannot tolerate Intolerance, AND the only thing that I can make in the kitchen that tastes decent is cheesecake.
Alright, so now that I have taken care of all of the lists, I must now go alert all of the winners about their inclusion and homework for the day.
Please contact my agent to arrange interviews and autograph appearances. He will be happy to fit you in between rope-tugging and ball-fetching appointments.